Pages

Tuesday 27 October 2015

Otahuhu Park


Staying at the park, although it was still dark. It was actually quite fun even without the bright sun!


During the two weeks holiday off from school my three year old  niece, Vaiola, my older cousin, Sophia, my mum, three sisters Rose, Lupe and Malia, Taveti and I went to the park. We all traveled all by car.


On the way there it was a bit funny because Vaiola was always on her own buzz. She kept singing and screaming the whole way there. What made it even more worse was that I was sitting right beside her. The things she was screaming were “The wolf finds the sheep and then he eats all of them”.  


Vaiola is very tall for her age. She has super curly black hair. Her left leg has a small light brown birthmark, the same as her father. She loves nursery rhymes and fairy tales and most of the time she is really stubborn and will almost always disagree with anything unless they were compliments about herself.


At some point I realized that I’d knew the nursery rhyme she was singing. It was at the tip of my tongue then all of a sudden it hit me. The rhyme she was singing was the ‘The Wolf and the Seven Little Sheep’.  


I was relieved that I finally solved the mystery of the rhyme she was singing but sadly O wouldn't be relieved from her singing. It was useless trying to prevent her. In fact it would just make her sing even louder.


With all the bellowing and the singing during the car ride to the park I started to have a sore head ache. I was also really tired but unfortunately I couldn't possibly sleep with all the noise and rackets that one little three year old child was making.


Finally we made it to the park and I was so glad that I wouldn’t have to hear all the bellowing anytime sooner. It was a bit crowded at first until it was getting darker in hours that just felt like minutes. At the park there was a humongous spider web climbing course where anyone and everyone could climb so I climbed it. It was at least 5 metres off the ground. Once I made it to the top I looked at the view that it provided me with which was amazing.


I could see a glimpse of the beautiful orange sun from the distance as it was settling down in the Western side of the country. As well as the sun I could see the big enormous pine tree that preferably looked as big as 6 adult elephants stacked up . In the corner of my eye I could just see the corner of my cousin’s house two blocks away from the park. There were also men on the field training for a rugby touch game.


We played, and played and played and played until our feet started to ache then we all just laid down on the dark green grass that felt either damp or just cold. A few minutes later we were off back home. 

It was very fun and at the end of the day I was overjoyed and excited for the next time we’ll go back there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.