Pages

Tuesday 5 May 2015

Mathematics

Throughout Term 2 we have been learning five different strategies to help our learning and develop our knowledge about mathematics. These strategies help us and make it easier to figure out a mathematical question, problem or equation . We had to make our own word problems, name what strategy we used to get the calculation and also write down the correct calculation for the word problem we have created.

This is the word problem I have created....

In a giant bucket there was 698 litres of water then someone put in another 252 litres in. How many litres are there altogether?

And this is the strategy that I used to get my calculation...

Strategy 3:Increase one number and decrease the other by the same amount.

For example:

 254+746=

=294+6+706-6

=300+700

=1,000

Try figuring out my equation and see if you could work it out by using Strategy 3.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth, I really enjoyed reading your Mathmatics. I my older sister was surprised from how this strategy was set out. Once again I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth, I really enjoyed reading your Mathmatics. I my older sister was surprised from how this strategy was set out. Once again I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sini. Thanks for the comment. I'm glad that your sister found my strategy unique.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.