Pages

Monday 9 June 2014

At The Unveiling

On Saturday my family and I had to wake up early in the morning to clean up the house because we had to go to an unveiling. It was my grand-uncle’s unveiling and we had to be there on time because my mum is really serious about her family. I didn’t really want to go because all my mum and her family will do is make us do jobs but I had to.


Even though the unveiling started at 1:00 we arrived at 11:30 and all we could do was stay in the car for 1 hour and 30 minutes doing nothing. I kept trying to go sleep but my sister’s kept fighting with each other.


Finally it was 1:00 and we could finally get out of the car. It finished after an hour and I could hardly walk anymore from all that standing. I finally saw the headstone. I couldn’t really read it because only some of the words were in english but my mum translated the words in english for me.


The headstone was white. Everyone started crying all of a sudden and it felt kind of awkward because us kids were the only ones not crying.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.